Nemo is a full member of the FLA (Finance and Leasing Association). The FLA is the leading trade association for the consumer mortgage, credit, motor finance and asset finance sectors in the UK. The FLA strives to be acknowledged as the trusted representative body for the business and consumer finance industries and campaigns for best practice in lending and leasing.
The FLA Lending Code provides the consumer finance industry with standards of good practice and intends to assure those obtaining finance from full members that they are borrowing from reputable organisations. The FLA also operates a business finance Code which sets standards for its members providing asset finance to businesses.
Membership to the FLA is conditional to companies meeting strict standards which are set out in the FLA Lending Code 2012 and performance is monitored in line with the Code.
At the time when you took out your second charge mortgage from, you can be confident that our lending complied with the code. When servicing your second charge mortgage, Nemo observes the Code as follows:
- By acting fairly, reasonably and responsibly in all our dealings with our customers.
- By treating all personal information as private and confidential and by running secure and reliable systems.
- By not discriminating because of race, sex, disability, ethnic background or sexuality.
- By helping when information and guidance is needed including explaining how our second charge mortgages will affect customers’ finances.
- By giving customers information on the key features of their second charge mortgage from Nemo.
- By checking all applications thoroughly prior to lending.
- By explaining our procedures and timescales when handling complaints.
- By treating customers who are in financial difficulty positively and sympathetically.
- By dealing with customers who have health issues sympathetically.
As Nemo is a full member of the FLA, our customers can be confident that we observe the code. If you would like a copy of the FLA Lending code please click here to go to the FLA website where it is possible to print a copy. Alternatively, please call us on 0800 612 1155 and we would be happy to send you a copy.